4 CENTURIES OF BRETON HISTORY
• THE CHATEAU
Built in the sixteenth century on the site of an old «villa» Gallo-Roman revived day in the eighteenth century , is one of the most harmonious of the great castles of Brittany with its pavilions « mansard « chapel making for the pantry, the pigeon and the fruit enclosing moat... Each of its facades , the « French garden « on the courtyard and the great perspective - is remarkable for its apparent symmetry and succession its plans. Buildings, if different periods and characters, are added to each other in a growing interest.
This former residence of Members of Parliament of Brittany is in the same family since its construction in 1583.
• Guided tour of the interior of the Castle : 50 mn
Visit punctuated with anecdotes and testimonies of the art of living in the Enlightenment.
• THE ZOO
Exceptional place in a natural setting to admire, more than 70 species of animals with 300 animals. Recréation Park as educationally, The Bourbansais belongs to the generation of parks concerned about the preservation of species and natural habitats . The park participates in various EEP ( European breeding programs ) , real scientific projects of conservation and management of wildlife populations threatened with extinction in the wild. Find them throughout your walk : Colombian spider monkeys,tamarins, Siberian tigers , macaws Hyacinthe, anteaters giants Geladas Ethiopia,
• FROM APRIL TO SEPTEMBER :4 to 6 daily shows, afternoon feeding time in the presence of our biologists, areas for meeting domestic species, educational signs throughout the zoo area : you’ll learn while having fun !
• NEW 2014
• The Forest of Rennes ! Unique in France
• Guided tour of the vegetable garden
• « Garden Days and Flavours in the garden « First Edition - 27 and 28 September 2014 - Two colorful autumn days with exhibitors producers about 40 horticulturists, nursery gardener, craftsmen .... which sell plants, seeds, books, products related to vegetable , food, counseling, professional exchanges , entertainment , conferences, workshops, performances ... Tombola ...
• 2 SHOWS : RAPTORS and storks free / PACK OF DOGS flight accompanied by horses
Lords of heaven obey their master falconer , reproducing exceptional prosecution and impressive catches , recalling the ancient tradition of falconry. It then becomes easy to understand the need to protect raptors !
• PACK OF DOGS
Pack of over 50 dogs « françaistricolores « and « Bassets fauves brittany « , accompanied by horses at different paces. Recalling a passion and a tradition closely linked to the history of France ... The presentation ends with a spectacular meal dogs!
• VEGETABLE GARDEN
Guided tour , based on the history of plants, vegetables and gardens.
• JARDINS A LA FRANCAISE
« The French style garden » was inspired by those designed by André Le Nôtre It expresses the wish to
correct nature, imposing tidiness and symmetry in opposition to an English style garden. This model was copied by numerous European royal courts, and became a political statement showing the power of the owner.
The statuary, dating from 1756, is in very good condition. It represents figures from antique
mythology, Pan, Sphynx and Putti. Some roof sculptures may also be seen.
In the midst of the park, indoor or on the shady terrace
open from April to September and Toussaint and february holidays
• PLAYGROUND WITH INFLATABLES
• SHOP souvenirs
Visit our boutique and discover a choice of fun, decorative and educational souvenirs. Made in a range of environmentally-friendly, natural or recycled materials. See our collection of medals !
In the chateau’s orangery next the French-style garden - From 10 to 50 people
3 holiday cottages at the entrance of the Park.
Classified « Gîte de Charme »
Pâques : 2 GROS OEUFS AU CHOCOLAT ET UN BON D'ACHAT DE 30€ à gagner ! Vous connaissez ENIGMAPARC : sa spécialité faire plaisir à tous, petits, ados...
9th edition of Musical Evenings at la Ballue 6th edition of the “Topiary, Art and Mannerism” weekend 3rd edition of the “Extension Sauvage” Dance...